We had a very successful CodeMash ReHash event Thursday night!
First, the THANKS go to:
- Claddagh Toledo for the good food, great drinks and spectacular service.
- Geeks and Gurus for the projector, and DJ Bodnar for attending.
- ReHashers Bill Horvath, Toni Feltman and Mike Feltman for sharing their thoughts on CodeMash and leading the discussions.
- Attendees Bob Ruple, Keith Thompson, Greg Miller, Martin Perrine, Bobbi Vaughn, Chris Wammes, Derek Finch and Yaohan Chen.
Some of the things we talked about:
- How fast the tickets sold out
- Lots about individual pre-compiler and conference sessions…too many to keep track of
- Barry Hawkins Keynote
- Mobile Monday meet-ups in Ann Arbor
- U of T EECS events like the Cloud talk earlier in the day
- The Improv Effect
- Hairy hats from Leandog
- CodeStock, a similar conference in Nashville in June
- Robotic surgery
- Stan Lee in Toledo
- TEDxBGSU videos
- ThatConference, a CodeMash-like event in Wisconsin in August
You can see that we we strayed a bit from just talking about CodeMash, which is great.
Also, Lindsey Danforth stopped by to tell us about a Startup Weekend that is being planned later this year. She needs volunteers to form the working committee. Join the Facebook group to stay in touch.
The general idea – using a recap of a conference as the basis of content for a meeting – seemed to work, let’s do it more often.